Aspen Strong Foundation’s vision is to break the silence on mental health in the Roaring Fork Valley. Our mutually beneficial partnerships bring outreach, education, and action programming into a diverse spectrum of workplaces across our community. We invite you to partner with Aspen Strong to address the mental heath needs of your staff and strengthen our Valley community.
Aspen Strong Foundation Workplace Partnerships assist in:
- Decreasing suicide rates
- Reducing stigma
- Making care more accessible
- Creating anonymous avenues to get help
- Improving mental hygiene engagement
- Developing unified and effective messaging
- Shrinking mental health crisis cases
- Increase community-centered efforts
Why joining Aspen Strong’s Workplace Partnership Initiative is so important:
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the United States, but in Colorado it is the 7th!
- The suicide rate for Pitkin County is 22.6 suicides per 100,000 residents, in Eagle it is 14.5 and in Garfield the rate is 16.2, whereas the rate for the United States rate is 13.42.
- 71% of workers with mental illnesses have never sought help from a medical or mental health specialist for their symptoms.
- Companies with effective health and productivity programs achieve 11% more revenue per employee, delivered 28% higher shareholder returns, and had fewer medical absences per employee.
- In 2016 alone, nearly 1 in 5 US adults over 18 (44.7 million people) reported mental illness.
- Over 70% of adults report at least one symptom of stress, such as feeling overwhelmed or anxious.
- Depression interferes with a person’s ability to complete physical job tasks about 20% of the time and reduces cognitive performance about 35% of the time.
- Only 57% of employees who report moderate depression and 40% of those who report severe depression receive treatment to control depression symptoms.
For more information and research on mental health initiatives in the workplace, visit the CDC website.
What the Workplace Partnership brings to your business:
- Consultation on the overall mental hygiene practices for your business.
- Employee workshops — Maintaining Mental Hygiene in the Workplace
- Anonymous mental health screenings for your employees.
- Branded flyers in English and Spanish explaining to your employee how and where they can get help.
- Downloadable mental health resource materials for you and your workers .
- Newsletters designed to support your leadership team with updates on current promotions supporting mental health.
- Free passes and discounted tickets to events, workshops, and Aspen Strong celebrations.
- Our commitment to helping you grow a happier and healthier team!
Want more information on how to become a partner? Contact ….
We are all in!