In 2011, community donors, Joan & Lawrence Altman, joined forces with the Aspen Community Foundation to start the Mental Health Fund. It was established with the mission to provide financial assistance for individuals and families living in the Roaring Fork Valley and surrounding rural area (Aspen to Parachute) who find themselves struggling to cope with a mental health or substance abuse problem and cannot afford to pay for treatment at full cost.
Access to these funds must be requested by your provider.
• Patient must reside in the area from Aspen to Parachute and be referred for mental health services by a local nonprofit organization, agency or private practitioner.
• Patient is uninsured, under-insured and/or has serious financial challenges.
• Provider is licensed to practice in Colorado and holds liability insurance.
• Provider agrees to see patients at a reduced rate (please see rate table on provider application).
• Eligible services include private therapy, group therapy and psychiatric assessment, not to exceed 10 sessions per request.
• Provider agrees to connect patients to ancillary community supports and resources to ensure the patient’s well-being after the funded time period. The Mental Health Fund is not a resource for long-term therapy.
• Mental health providers may click here to access the provider application. When submitted, providers must also must include a signed W-9, a copy of their liability insurance and their license to practice in the state of Colorado.
• Once enrolled, mental health providers may submit a patient application for financial assistance on a case by case basis.
• Funding is awarded to the mental health provider, not to the individual directly.
• Reporting is required.
If you do not have a provider please use our directory to make a connection. Please note that providers are asked to reduce their fees substantially to qualify for this fund for their clients.
If you are a provider looking to apply on behalf of your client please follow this link below for qualifications and application.