The Aspen Strong Mental Health Fund held at Aspen Community Foundation addresses concerns about the safety and security of individuals and families who are in need of mental health services and who cannot afford to pay for treatment. The Mental Health Fund was established in 2011, by Joan and Lawrence Altman, and today is supported by generous donors.
ACCESS TO THESE FUNDS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY YOUR THERAPIST.
If you do not have a provider please use our directory to make a connection.
MENTAL HEALTH FUND GUIDELINES
• Patient must reside in the area from Aspen to Parachute and be referred for mental health services by a local nonprofit organization, agency or private practitioner.
• Patient is uninsured, under-insured and/or has serious financial challenges.
• Provider is licensed to practice in Colorado and holds liability insurance.
• Provider agrees to see patients at a reduced rate (please see rate table on provider application).
• Eligible services include private therapy, group therapy and psychiatric assessment, not to exceed 10 sessions per request.
• Provider agrees to connect patients to ancillary community supports and resources to ensure the patient’s well-being after the funded time period. The Mental Health Fund is not a resource for long-term therapy.
Download the Mental Health Fund Guidelines
• Mental health providers may click here to access the provider application.
Alternatively, they can download the application to complete a handwritten paper copy.
• With the submission, providers must send a signed W-9, a copy of their liability insurance and their license to practice in the state of Colorado to Aspen Strong.
• Once enrolled, mental health providers may submit a patient application for financial assistance on a case by case basis.
• Funding is awarded to the mental health provider, not to the individual directly.
• Reporting is required.
If you do not have a provider please use our directory to make a connection. Please note that providers are asked to reduce their fees substantially to qualify for this fund for their clients.