In Aspen Strong
JOBS: Executive Director
The Executive Director is the key management leader and will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Aspen Strong’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. This individual will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations and business plans. Key duties include:
Governance: Responsible for leading organization in a manner that supports and guides the mission as defined by the Board of Directors and articulated in yearly strategic plan.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for maintaining all required 501 C3 forms 990 taxes forms insurances policies, certifications and help the treasurer/Finances Committee and bookkeeper maintain records for accuracy.
- Maintain status with: Guide Star; Charity Navigator; Amazon Smile; We Pay; Simple Practice; Screen for Mental Health Inc; other affiliates.
- Guide a strategic plan and work to make sure Aspen Strong’s events and programming align with the plan, goals, and mission.
Finance and Development: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Aspen Strong, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Aspen Strong’s mission, including and expanding, annual reports, grants, sponsorships, partnerships, and program development.
- Mange and cultivate donors and donor system.
Management: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration or delegation of Aspen Strong operations, by supervising and collaborating with staff or contracted employees.
- Ensuring that office supplies and program resources are available.
- Website and Directory – Oversight and management of both systems and IT development are meeting goals, accurately represent mission and vision, and provide current, accurate, safe messaging.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified and engaged staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving all contracts.
Program & Marketing: Oversees marketing plan and management of programs to support the mission and goals of the organization.
- Work closely with marketing committee and staff to review, update, and execute yearly marketing strategy to support mission, organizational programming, and events.
- Assure communication with all partners and stakeholders to gain community support for Aspen Strong’s mission and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Responsible for oversight and management of the organization’s programs and annual events that carry out the mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Design and execute monthly Aspen Strong emails;
- Provider letter;
- Workplace partnership letter.
- Direct all website and social media content and advertising with staff.
- Assure marketing materials and messaging are updated and speak accurate, safe, and positive messaging to support wholey the Aspen Strong mission.
- Execute all marketing/media opportunities including press releases, interviews, marketing initiatives.
- Manage or oversee Blog/Social Media, News, Media outlets, etc.
- Manage or delegate coordination of volunteers
- Ensure that programming is measured, progressive, and adaptable to the needs of the community with oversight of clinical director.
- Manage or delegate any new or unexpected plans or opportunities..
- Quarterly board meetings
- Bi-weekly meeting with Board Chair
- Monthly meeting with Treasurer/Financial Committee
- Other working group (committee) meetings when appropriate.
- Additional meetings where marketing and development and public relations is appropriate.
Salary and Benefits
Full time position. Starting at $60,000.
EAP – TRIAD – resources available for one year.
Office is located in Aspen, Colorado. Transportation up and down the valley is vital to this position. Working from home is accepted when not scheduled to be in the office.