FCD Prevention Works with Stanford Medicine
Vaping in its many forms is a drug use practice that poses physical, emotional, and social health risks to young people. The first step to preventing teen vaping is to educate ourselves and have health-based conversations with teens.
Please join co-presenters Stacey Wisniewski, a Prevention Specialist with FCD Prevention Works, and Dr. Bonnie Halpern-Felsher, Professor, Founder, and Executive Director of the Stanford Tobacco Prevention Toolkit (tobaccopreventiontoolkit.stanford.edu
), as they introduce you to the facts about vaping.
This 90-minute webinar, specifically tailored for parents and caretakers, will interactively explore:
– what vaping is
– how much vaping occurs among teens compared to use trends for other drugs
– what vaping does to the young body and mind
– what addiction to vaping looks like
– how to have a conversation about vaping with teens
– how parents and caretakers can prevent vaping before it starts, effectively identify and intervene on warning signs of use and/or support children and teens who want to quit vaping.
There will be plenty of time for your questions!
The workshop will show you how to use the data-informed Stanford Tobacco Prevention Toolkit, a resource for educating teens about vaping and other forms of nicotine use.